Monday, February 8, 2010

Chicken and Asparagus with Pesto Sauce

I came home on this snowy winter day and immediately hit the  couch. I have had a headache for two days and a runny nose, I can feel the sinus infection coming, yuck! Thankfully my wonderful husband told me to relax on the couch and made one of our new recipes for the week for dinner and it was delicious. I think it was even tastier because I didn't have to prepare it. :) I love to cook and never give Pat the opportunity to cook, he is a really good cook. I think I might have to have him cook more often because it was nice to be able to relax and enjoy a meal without the preparation. Thanks Pat!

From Paula Deen's Quick and Easy Meals
Ingredients:
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
2 Tbls. olive oil
1 lb. thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tbls. prepared pesto

1. Cut chicken breasts in half crosswise to make 6 pieces. Season evenly with salt and pepper.

2. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, in batches if necessary, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until gold brown. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside, and keep warm.

3. Add asparagus to skillet, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until just tender.

4. Add cream, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until reduced by half. Stir in pesto. Return chicken to skillet, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes longer, or until heated through. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Delicious!! Next time I will reduce the cream a little and add milk to see if I can make it a little healthier. Love your blog! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete