Sunday, February 7, 2010

Baked Potato Soup

My wonderful coworker, Joanne, gave me this recipe to try out! She got it from her daughter. It is so delicious and so easy to make. My husband said that out of all of the new recipes I have made, this is by far his favorite, which is fine by me because it is very simple and requires only  a few ingredients. If you love baked potatoes, you'll love this soup. Enjoy!
Ingredients:
4 baked potatoes (I used six small ones, or 4 large)
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
6 cups milk
1 cup chopped green onion
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp pepper
12 slices cooked bacon (in pieces)
5 oz. shredder cheddar cheese
8 oz. sour cheese

1. Bake potatoes. Scoop out insides, set aside.

2. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Cook one minute, stirring constantly.

3. Slowly pour in milk, stirring until all has been added. Keep stirring until soup starts to get thick. 

4. Add potatoes, onion, salt, pepper, bacon, and cheese. 

5. Stir well and heat for 15 minutes. Mix in sour cream until well blended. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment